Need advice re hearing aid for small child

Need advice re hearing aid for small child

Сообщение greglazor » 06 июн 2018, 20:50

HI,

Has anyone here had to buy a hearing aid for a small child? If so, do you have any advice for me as I begin shopping for a hearing aid for my five year old daughter? What's a reasonable price (or reasonable range of prices) to pay for a single BTE aid for a child? What other questions should I be asking?
Here's my situation: Earlier this year, a rare congenital cyst was discovered in my daughter's left middle ear. A tympano-mastoidectomy was performed to remove the cyst, but the cyst had already destroyed the ossicular chain (the little hearing bones in the middle ear often called the hammer, anvil and stirrup). There was no damage to the inner ear, which works perfectly. As a result, my daughter has unilateral, conductive hearing loss that has been classified by an audiologist as mild-to-moderate. The ENT and audiologist do not recommend a BAHA; they recommend a traditional BTE aid for now. An implant to replace the ossicular chain is a possibility in the future, but not now for a couple of reasons I won't go into here (I'm mindful of the forum prohibition on medical advice). Just fyi, in case you're wondering why the ENT & audiologist didn't sell us a hearing aid already: The surgery and post-surgery hearing test were performed at a university-affiliated pediatric medical center in another part of our state. We are shopping for both a hearing aid and pediatric audiology services in our somewhat smaller hometown.

Any help will be apprecited.

I didn't find the right solution from the Internet.

References:
https://www.bogleheads.org/forum/viewtopic.php?t=143307
Weather Forecast Video

Thank you.
greglazor

Re: Need advice re hearing aid for small child

Сообщение adsvoo » 15 фев 2020, 22:26

HI,

Has anyone here had to buy a hearing aid for a small child? If so, do you have any advice for me as I begin shopping for a hearing aid for my five year old daughter? What's a reasonable price (or reasonable range of prices) to pay for a single BTE aid for a child? What other questions should I be asking?
adsvoo

Re: Need advice re hearing aid for small child

Сообщение Nicoo » 11 июл 2020, 18:03

John
Nicoo

Вернуться в ЛОР